Friday, April 23, 2010

Imparting Wisdom

One of the many things I am thankful for in my previous relationship with Riley was that he (basically) put a book (Don't Waste Your Life, to be exact) in my hands and told me to read it.

After I (finally) opened my heart, I was changed. I grew. Simple as that.

I'm so incredibly thankful for the leaders who are gifted in speech and/or writing. If read/listened to with an open heart and an open mind, God reveals, convicts, and loves.

It saddens me when I just don't have time to read the books or listen to the sermons. Usually, the times I have no time for it are the times I really need it. (And, regrettably, sometimes the times I really need it are the times I don't really want to read it/listen to it.)

The point I'm making is that I'm thankful for the wisdom, love, and conviction that God provides through His followers. They are vessels for His glory, and I find it wondrous and amazing that we are blessed with such great resources. The leaders that God has appointed openly and continuously impart wisdom and Spirit-given words to us, the thirsty, growing children.

I can't help but praise God for those true leaders He has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment