Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So, today.

First class is at 8 on MWF, and that class is (duh duh duh DUH) General Chemistry 1. We had our first quiz (we're supposed to have on every class) and I totally forgot one of the answers... till he said to turn them in and suddenly I remembered! I'd hate to fail the first grade I ever got in that class. The teacher (Dr. Trevino) seems like a sweet guy. Socially awkward (as many younger scientists are) but he wants to be everyone's friend. Also, he teaches REALLY fast. It's simple stuff now, but I'm scared for when we get to harder stuff.

Afterwards, Stephanie and Anju, both of whom are in my biology and chemistry classes, came and chilled in my dorm because they're commuters and I didn't have class till 10.

That class at 10 is American and Texas government. The professor (Dr. Hammons) is pretty awesome, but I don't trust his beliefs. He "jokingly" insults every person in there, and I just think it's a little excessive. He also likes to ask really broad and vague questions, or questions that no one would know the answer to but him. Seems a bit unfair, yes?

Next, Aimara (a Phi Mu sister) and I ran over to convocation, or chapel, or whatever you want to call it. The dude who led worship had a BEAUTIFUL voice and played the piano wonderfully. That was all good until I noticed two girls (from Phi Mu, mind you) who were making fun of the people worshiping. Kathleen (my big sis), Christiana (my twin), and I talked about it later (rather angrily) and Kathleen is going to approach them the next meeting about being rude and bad examples of Phi Mu.

Convocation is not exactly the prime place for worship or learning, because half of the people just want to get their CLW points that are required for graduation. So they sit there and talk or mess around and I just get frustrated. If it weren't for the fact that I have to go because of Phi Mu rules, I probably wouldn't. It just makes me too sad.

Kathleen and I then went to burger king for the healthy food (ahem) and just to talk. Of course, she asked about Riley and I and I talked about it. She talked about how she and her bf went through the same thing, but they stayed in the relationship. She said it would have been better if they had broken up for that time. It made me feel better about Riley's decision.

Nothing too dramatic happened after that... I took a nap, went to choir, worked out, ate. Now I'm procrastinating studying for a biology quiz tomorrow. Haha it's the beginning of the year, and I'm already procrastinating. uh oh.

I did make a playlist called "Awesome." that contains Phil Wickham, Downhere, Derek Webb, Jimmy Needham, Bethany Dillon, and Andrew Peterson. This makes me happy. =)

Well, until another day, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment