Friday, January 8, 2010

growing up.

Never before have I been okay with moving on in life.
It's painful, and scary, but I know I need to grow up.
Part of me, the flesh, wants me to stay here, keep things the same, keep things comfortable.
But the undeniable truth is that I've got to move on. I've got to grow.
I've got to let go of the comfortable things. Things that I held on to for dear life. Things I depended on too much.

I'm being taught that I need to wholly depend on Christ and his love. I need no one else and no one else to love me.
I'm being taught that I can't depend on people to change me. I need to be able to change and grow on my own, with guidance and encouragement from others.

I've got a long way to go to be able to date anyone again.
I won't date again until I've reached a point where I can stand on my own, love Christ first, then love that person.

I understand that I've got to grow and change, but it's painful, and a little lonely (at least right now).
I'm praying for strength, wisdom, and provision of what/who i need to learn from.

A break-up is always difficult, but I don't think we could have broken-up for a better and more solid reason.
We are two kids who (one earlier than the other) discovered that they've got to grow more before being mature enough to be in a solid relationship.

Please keep me in your prayers for strength and growth.

2 comments:

  1. love you, sweet girl.
    I'm always here for you!

    PLEASE don't hesitate to skype me or call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayin for ya, girl! I really respect this post a lot.

    ReplyDelete