Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sitting on the back porch...

is where I wrote this. In Oklahoma. It's beautiful here. =)

How I’ve missed the silence of nature.
The life around me revitalizes my soul
This chaos that I’ve been living in-
-this sorrow I’m drowning in-
Is silenced.
The raw form of God’s creation
Thriving before my eyes.
Sitting here makes me wonder…
Why have I ever worried at all?
The ocean of life takes me
Tosses me around
I’m disoriented and drowning and I don’t even know it till
I’m sitting on the beach
Watching the waves that once controlled me
Be subdued by the very sand that
Plays between my toes.
Until I’m at peace with my soul.
Peace.
Oh, sweet peace.
My heart slows down.
My muscles relax slowly.
I breathe in the innocence
The newness
The silence.
Sitting here makes me wonder…
Why have I ever worried at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment