Tuesday, September 8, 2009

choices...

"You said, 'i know that this will hurt,
But if I don't break your heart then
Things will just get worse.
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember: the end will justify the pain it took to get us there.'"


I love those words.
I've recently become re-obsessed with Relient K.

and btw I've been randomly typing non-existent words, so forgive my typos.

I've been struggling with the decision of staying a music major or changing to something else... likkke pharmacy.
Let's see the pros and cons to doing voice v. pharmacy.

Voice:
pros
I get to sing.
I'm alright at singing, so I think I'd do alright.
I learn the in's and out's of music (i guess that's a pro?)
i could reach out to people...


cons
I could not be as good as I and other think, and I may not get a job
If I'm not a professional, I'd have to teach
After I'm a professional (if ever I was one) i'd have to teach
a lot of money for a lot of school for an iffy/low paying job
If a singer in a church, I'm not reaching outside of church lines
If a teacher, I can't assert my faith.
LOTS of performances throughout school... bleh not my favorite thing.
AND i would limit my music experience to my job/ what the show is.

Pharmacy: (or other bio/chem field)
pros:
possibly less years in school?
money that would repay my years in school
an interesting and exciting (and ever-changing) field
something i've never done before
I could reach out to scientists (who we know can be very stubborn)
semi-my own schedule, so I could do other things (singing at a church maybe a show, and missions)



cons:
i'm not sure if "ever-changing" is good.
ALOT of studying (idk if i'm that smart!!!)
something completely new to me
the people arent always that nice in that field...
I might have to limit my music-ness for the years i'm in school.



wow that turned out differently than i thought I would...

"the end will justify the pain it took to get us there."

No comments:

Post a Comment